007 down: R.I.P. Sir Roger Moore

Hailing frequencies open… Forums Science Fiction British / Australian SF 007 down: R.I.P. Sir Roger Moore

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ZLoth ZLoth 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Earl
    Earl
    Keymaster

Maybe not sci-fi, but hey, Moonraker. [LINK]

Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family announces.

That’s literally the whole story posted at this time. I’m sure there’ll be more later.

I know Moore took a lot of crap for the tone of the Bond movies during his tenure (evem though he didn’t write the scripts, direct the movies, or produce them), but sort of like everyone has “their Doctor” or “their Star Trek”, Moore was “my Bond” growing up. It wasn’t until later when I circled back to Connery, and then kept going forward with Dalton etc., that I realized it was supposed to be deadly serious. There was a lot of charm to the Moore era that some of the more recent stuff is decidedly missing.

ZLoth
    ZLoth

I heard that he was The Saint.

“We’ve never lost an American in space, we’re sure as hell not gonna lose one on my watch! Failure is not an option.” – Gene Kranz

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed